Tuesday, January 29, 2008

So today, the temperature dropped down to -34 Celsius. For any yanks reading this blog, that would be -29 Fahrenheit. With the wind chill it felt like -41 Celsius (which is pretty much -41 Fahrenheit). I guess I should feel lucky, because yesterday it was only -29, but felt like -46 with the wind. And yes, because we are crazy Canucks that live in Edmonton, we still made it to work. My daughter didn’t get to kindergarten yesterday because there were 3-foot high drifts blocking the exits out of our parking lot. Anyway, here’s something odd that came up on the government of Canada’s Weather page…


Notice that the “forecasted” low for today is -28 and the forecasted high is -28? Yet, it’s -34? Notice that none of the other lows drop below -28? Is that coincidence or is their program broken and won’t recognize anything below -28. Anyway, I thought that was weird.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If it makes you feel better, my car thermometer can't measure anything less than -29C, but my airbags shut off at -30C. So yesterday it was -36C when I went to work, but the thermometer in my car read -29C, but my airbags were turned off, so I new it was colder than the temperature displayed.

Also, my dad's car in England could measure anything below 0C, so even if it was -10C the car thermometer read 0C