Monday, January 21, 2008

New Star Wars Lego Sets for 2008

So Lego has released its list of what Star Wars sets are coming out for 2008, and I must say I’m a little excited. I’m also a little bit nervous.

First off, they have already released a picture of the rerelease of the AT-TE, which for the uninitiated is the 6 legged walker in Attack of the Clones, The Clone Wars, and Revenge of the Sith. I already own this set, so I won’t be getting this new one. Actually it looks to be pretty much the same, except that this one comes with a STAP, where as the one I got 5 years ago (HOLY SMOKES!!! Has it really been that long???) came with a burgundy Speeder Bike, which shows up in Battle Front, and the Novelization. Anyway, I’m happy with the set I have.

What gets me excited (and nervous) is this. The list included a TIE Defender, which is pictured here. The TIE Defender is from the old MS-DOS video game TIE Fighter, and it was the ultimate TIE ship. It had a hyper-drive and shields, and if I remember correctly was more maneuverable then the TIE Interceptor. This ship just looks mean as well, and if it does come out this summer, I will be picking it up as soon as I see it in stores. The thing that has me nervous is that on one list someone has that set (7678) listed as a Droid Gunship, which the TIE Defender isn’t. I just hope that they made a mistake, and it truly is the TIE D, because… well… Boromir says it best...

No comments: